CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Green and black striped tank

Go down 
+2
lameyxx
Mercy_Mile
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercy_Mile

Mercy_Mile

Green and black striped tank Empty
PostSubject: Green and black striped tank   Green and black striped tank EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 am

I picked up some really cheap ($1.50/yrd) stretchy cotton like material about two years back from wal-mart. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with it. I finally decided on a tank top. I used a tank top that I already had for a pattern and went to work on it. It turned out really well:

Green and black striped tank Green_10

My best friend promptly stole borrowed it from me, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mercymile
lameyxx

lameyxx

PostSubject: Re: Green and black striped tank   Green and black striped tank EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:48 am

cute! i wish i actually could make shirts and stuff..im not confident enough to start though..

this tank top has inspired me though..may make one in the summer Smile x
Back to top Go down
Amy_Lewis_143

Amy_Lewis_143

PostSubject: Re: Green and black striped tank   Green and black striped tank EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:38 pm

I love this top =) Im starting to really love stripes, and that top is amazing... Love the style of it too, hopefully one day i shall be able to make tops like that, with time i guess i will... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
nikkithegnerd

nikkithegnerd

PostSubject: Re: Green and black striped tank   Green and black striped tank EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:52 pm

This is super cute! I am always scared to work with stripes though. I wouldn't coordinate them right, and they'd turn out weird. But you didn't an awesome job! Not a lot of coordinating, but knowing me I'd mess up the straps. I really like that the stripes are diagonal in the main part of the shirt. It's super cute! The only thing I might have done differently is made it a we bit asymetrical to follow the stripes. but I still love your shirt.
Back to top Go down
Animama

Animama

PostSubject: Re: Green and black striped tank   Green and black striped tank EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice job. And yeah, one of the best ways to make a pattern is to copy something you have that you love how it fits
Back to top Go down
Voxanthella

Voxanthella

PostSubject: Re: Green and black striped tank   Green and black striped tank EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 am

I really like this it makes me want to make one for the summer. Great job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/atatteredcanvas
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green and black striped tank   Green and black striped tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Green and black striped tank
Page 1 of 1