CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hand Painted silk top, and black top

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EvertonB

EvertonB

Hand Painted silk top, and black top Empty
PostSubject: Hand Painted silk top, and black top   Hand Painted silk top, and black top EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:56 pm

These are two tops I designed, and made the patterns for them
Like I said, one of the tops is hand painted silk, and the other it's a black polyblend. The black top has a "checkers-like" pattern to it with some shine.
Hand Painted silk top, and black top OUtfit21
Hand Painted silk top, and black top OUtfit1
Oh I also designed and made the patterns for the skirts you can't really see it here but there are a few kinks that need to be sorted out =P.
They are both made of silk, the black skirt however is a polyester silk =O, but shhh don't tell anyone ;D
Also I'm sorry for the bad pictures, I'm having a bad lighting/ bad camera situation. I hope to upload better pictures soon so the details so up more.
Back to top Go down
alpha_omega

alpha_omega

PostSubject: Re: Hand Painted silk top, and black top   Hand Painted silk top, and black top EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:32 am

Ahhh, damn those ligthing and camera problems!
I really like the first one, but I don't really see "checkers-like" pattern on the black one... Is it very small?
Back to top Go down
EvertonB

EvertonB

PostSubject: Re: Hand Painted silk top, and black top   Hand Painted silk top, and black top EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:14 pm

hehe yes; the "checkers-like" pattern is really small. Each square is only a few millimeters on each side.
Back to top Go down
evange

evange

PostSubject: Re: Hand Painted silk top, and black top   Hand Painted silk top, and black top EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:19 pm

I love the first shirt!

Do you have a tutorial on the silk painting? I have some silk crepe de chine that I was planning on making a similar shirt from, but I am unsure about how to go about painting/dyeing it.
Back to top Go down
EvertonB

EvertonB

PostSubject: Re: Hand Painted silk top, and black top   Hand Painted silk top, and black top EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:48 am

evange wrote:
I love the first shirt!

Do you have a tutorial on the silk painting? I have some silk crepe de chine that I was planning on making a similar shirt from, but I am unsure about how to go about painting/dyeing it.

Sorry; unfortunately I don't have any tutorials, and I can't even make one. The reason being that this style of silk painting requires a specific type of dye, and a controlled environment that is big enough for the silk piece and that can get messy. I used to do these painting back in Brazil where they make the dye. It's so good that once you apply it to silk (or any that may absorb the dye for that matter), it never comes out even with bleach. Because of that you need, a place that has no wind, or pollen or basically anything that can move or change the integrity of the silk and dye before it dries.
The blouse it self is new, but the silk was painted years ago. I just never got around to sewing it.

I just moved to a new city and they seem to have a legit art supply store here. I'm going to check it out when I have some time to see if I can find the paint there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand Painted silk top, and black top   Hand Painted silk top, and black top Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand Painted silk top, and black top
Page 1 of 1