CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
leather & lace

leather & lace

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Ahh, spring. Flowers, warm sunny days, short sleeves, flipflops. And SPRING FLING!!! If you don't know what that is: one, I pity you, and two, its an ENTIRE week when you can throw aside the school dress code and go WILD! This year's themes for my high school were Opposite Sex Day, Nerd Day, Twin Day, Dodgeball Day, and Movie Character Day. The first three were all great fun, but it was the last two that were really great. For dodgeball, I was on a team called the Hurl Scouts (if you've never seen Whip It, think slutty girl scouts). The next day, I was the (new) Cheshire Cat. Here are some pics:

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Cat_fa12
Here is a closeup of my makeup and bits of the shirt.

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Cat_fa15
Another makeup pic, from the side. it was a little smudgy, but oh well.

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Cat_fa16
Nonsmiling makeup pic

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Front_11
Here's the front of the shirt (and my cat Sparta in the background cat )

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Ears__11
My ears.

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Shirt_11
And the back of the shirt.

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Chesir10
Here it is in action. I added paw pads and floofy blue fur to the front of the ears.

For the pants I did a pair of turquoise tights with ripped up gray skinny jeans over top. The tail was a turqoise feather boa twisted with a gray one. The costume went over really well at school, and the only problem was the tail was too long and I was afraid I'd get it stuck in my roller skates Razz. Feel free to comment. I plan on wearing it again in costume class at fair. My horse is going to either be Alice or the Mad Hatter.

Last edited by leather & lace on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JavaJawa

JavaJawa

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:44 pm

As awesome as the costumes sounds, you can't look at the pics without a yahoo account:(

Would you be able to post pics instead of links? I'd love to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://ayanaaira.tumblr.com
leather & lace

leather & lace

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 pm

what site is the best for that? i tried facebook and flickr but neither showed up in the preview
Back to top Go down
JavaJawa

JavaJawa

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 pm

To post a picture from facebook you have to right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location" The same rule applies to any picture you're copying from the internet. Right click, Copy Image location.
Then when you past it into the image option up top it'll link your image.
I do it all the time:)

If you don't want to fuss with facebooks stupid new *Ima make you view pictures in a strange black popup screen!* and having to open pictures in a new tab manually, I use photobucket.
Back to top Go down
leather & lace

leather & lace

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm

ok, i think its fixed
Back to top Go down
JavaJawa

JavaJawa

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Cool!
I love the shirt, I'd totally wear that for an everyday shirt!
Now I really want to make one. lol minus the ears though.

Nice job:)
Back to top Go down
leather & lace

leather & lace

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:26 pm

haha, yea, I love the shirt but it turned out a little big afterwards, with the cutting and sewing. I made the ears on an old headband I had and stuck the ends through little slits in the hood. thats what those silky ends are
Back to top Go down
amandaggogo

amandaggogo

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:32 am

Very cute! And did you say roller skates too! I'm jealous, at my school, on dress up days, no facepaint was allowed or hair coloring and the skirts and dresses had to be in dress code. Go figure. They were no fun at school. Granted, on superhero day though, one of my buddies went as the "Shamwow" guy, and went around spilling water on the floor and cleaning it up trying to "sell" the shamwow to teachers. That was quite funny I must say. Haha!

The costume looks amazingly awesome! :0D You did a great job on it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.instructables.com/member/amandaggogo/
leather & lace

leather & lace

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:20 pm

Haha, i didn't wear roller skates all day. the same day just happened to be Wellness Day, which basically means fun day. Our town has a roller skating rink and we went there for the day
Back to top Go down
amandaggogo

amandaggogo

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:38 pm

leather & lace wrote:
Haha, i didn't wear roller skates all day. the same day just happened to be Wellness Day, which basically means fun day. Our town has a roller skating rink and we went there for the day

Ah that makes sense, and sounds like fun! We did that in 7th grade, went to a roller skating rink, it was really fun and I won free popcorn and coke in two separate skating games we played. The only crappy part was when I fell and three guys accidentally roller bladed over my hand.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.instructables.com/member/amandaggogo/
Voxanthella

Voxanthella

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 pm

I love Alice in wonderland, your make up is smashing ti lok great and the costume is adorable! Great job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/atatteredcanvas
nikkithegnerd

nikkithegnerd

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:05 pm

This is so cute. I was a cheshire cat 3 years ago, but it was based on Disney's Alice in Wonderland. I just had a purple and pink striped shirt, a purple mini, a pink and black striped sock, a purple and black striped sock, and a tail that i covered with the pink sock. And ears.
I really love your hoodie. And your jeans. And your make up. Totally adorable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)   Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheshire Cat Costume (First Post!!!)
Page 1 of 1