CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flower Toddler Costume

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

Flower Toddler Costume Empty
PostSubject: Flower Toddler Costume   Flower Toddler Costume EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Now Halloween has passed and grocery stores are already putting their Christmas Rice Crispies out, so I guess it is time for me to show you what my big Halloween project was for this year: my daughter's Flower costume (my daughter is now 2 1/2). flower

Flower Toddler Costume Fleur

Flower Toddler Costume IMG_2904

Flower Toddler Costume IMG_2902

I based myself on McCall's 6416, View B, though I made a few modifications:

- The hat has one layer of filling to make it warmer.
- The hat's petals have 2 layers of filling (instead of fusible webbing as recommended on the pattern). They were hand sewn to the hat with a box pleat each (instead of gathers) and tacked to each other to hold up the way they do.
-The deep pink gathered trim on the hat was made from leftover fabric I had. I made a tube, pressed it, baste stitched down the center and gathered before hand sewing it to the hat, right in front of the petals to hide the seam.
- The petal skirt uses the same petal patter and the hat. I used 7 petals with 1 layer of filling. they are lightly gathered into the waistband.
- The waistband is made of the same deep pink leftover faux Dupioni as the hat's trim. It serves as a cassing for an elastic.
- I made a deep green tutu using strips of tulle tied to a piece of ribbon with a Lark's head knot.

In these picture, the costume is worn over a green long sleeve tee and matching leggings, but I also made her a green fleece PJ based on the same McCall's pattern to go trick or treating. I made it without the shoe covers so now I have an extra PJ for cold winter nights. Talk about reusing a Halloween costumes!

Blog post with all information can be found here: http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/2011/11/baby-flower.html
Back to top Go down
http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/

Flower Toddler Costume
Page 1 of 1