CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you being for Halloween?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RockqueducT

RockqueducT

What are you being for Halloween? Empty
PostSubject: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:23 pm

What are you going to dress up as this year, to scare the candy out of children? Or to stand at the door and give it to them? Or do you have any ideas for others who are yelling "I DON'T KNOW!"

In the past I have been many things. Cat woman at the age of 8. Barbie. Judy Jetson. Probably Morticia Addams or something gothic-like. Jessica and Roger Rabbit with my lifemate. (Zoidberg and Fry last year with my mate) Princess's and various other things throughout.
This year I started with something else. But I think ultimately we decided on Beetlejuice and Lydia. I'll post pictures around halloween. (to get bangs, or to get fake bangs that is the question).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:22 am

I'm dressing up as Babydoll from Suckerpunch (yep that means a blond wig as well).

I've got the outfit and wig on order, but I'm not sure about the weapons. I need a pistol and a samurai sword...obviously not real.

We don't do much trick or treating here, so I'm going out partying in Brighton (my friend lives there).

One of the other girls we're going out with is dressing as Wilykit from Thundercats. Smile
Back to top Go down
EvertonB

EvertonB

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:04 pm

This Halloween I'm planning to wear a Venetian Carnival inspired costume. There's so much going on on my life right now though that I don't even know if I'll be able to make the outfit the way I want. I got the mask done though. I posted on the forums somewhere O.o We'll see how the rest comes out =P
Back to top Go down
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:17 pm

The first thing you need to know about me concerning Halloween is I hate it. I am Wiccan, and Samhain is our New Year. I hate the gore and scary crap that modern commercial Halloween is associated with. It is the last of the harvest celebration, so I do my best to combat the trend I hate by going for a more natural and sweet, not unlike a Thanksgiving decor: pumpkins, corn stalks, apples, autumn leaves, a plate of my famous pumpkin cookies, my trusty broomstick, my cauldron, my wand and some tarot cards. Of course, as a costumer, I will find as many excuses to dress up as I can. Just no gore.

I think this year I'll go for the *cough* 18th century (ish) look of the Halliwell Sister in "Charmed", episode 304.

What are you being for Halloween? Charmed304_201What are you being for Halloween? Charmed304_291What are you being for Halloween? Charmed304_327

I have a few laced up bodices from RenFaires pasts, one pink 18th century skirt, a white neo-medieval shirt and a black cape. In addition, I made an autumn leaf mask 2 years ago for just that costume and never got around to wearing it (mine is on the bottom; the top one I made as a gift for a friend).

What are you being for Halloween? Autumn_Leaves_Masks_by_Gwenyver_Costumes

So that is me. Although I have to admit, after chatting with a friend today, I am tempted to use my mask and the Threadbanger tutorial on fairy wings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z20jIu7XJk&feature=colike) and be an autumn fairy. We'll see how much time and energy I have.

(For those who may be looking for the coolest fairy costume idea this side of Lust Fairy Ville - which you can get in adult rated stores - she was saying she should be a Calorie.
What are you being for Halloween? Tumblr_lriq2dPUNo1r3nr8eo1_r1_400
When I first saw that definition, I joked that Calories are actually a kind of fairy because everyone knows that fairies are mischivious in that way. So my friend was saying she would make herself a pair of wings, print the definition on a t-shirt or on a sign to hang around her neck, and make herself a huge sewing needle out of foam and thread it with thick cord. Now that is an original fairy costume that can be done on a budget!)

Since I am a mom, I also have my daughter to think of and I really hope the mouse costume I made her last year still fits because it was a lot of work and I'm really proud of it, so it would be great if it could get 2 years of use.

What are you being for Halloween? Baby_mouseling_by_gwenyver_costumes-d326psb

Of course, she has grown quite a lot in the last year, so if it doesn't, I am making her a green tutu, a green polar fleece PJ and a yellow hat with petals. flower I have all the material (minus the polar fleece) as I was planning to make this flower costume for her for a convention in mid-September where we did not go after all.

Sorry about the novel, I do tend to go on and on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 am

Seriously, I don't know yet! O.o Here in Holland Halloween isn't as big as in the States and all, but just yesterday I got my first official invitation for a party. And there's mroe to come...but I don't have time at all for any big costumes.
My wardrobe though is really good for creating Halloween costumes Wink At least, if I wanted to be a witch or a pirate or something... But in all honesty, I don't want to be such a cliché Wink

Sooo... I have exactly 4 days for making a costume, so it can't be something big and all...but I'm still thinking about what? Last year I heard about a cereal-killer costume, which is really funny and all, but not so much my thing Wink
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 am

Ow and now I completely forgot to say to you, Gwenyver, that the Charmed costume is just lovely and a fantastic idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
lost_soul_in_a_fish_bowl

lost_soul_in_a_fish_bowl

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:48 am

@gwenyver - that mouse costume is so cute! My mum was great at making costumes and outfits for me and my sister. Thankyou for bringing back happy memories!
Back to top Go down
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:47 am

lost_soul_in_a_fish_bowl wrote:
@gwenyver - that mouse costume is so cute! My mum was great at making costumes and outfits for me and my sister. Thankyou for bringing back happy memories!

My mom used to make all our costumes as well. That is why I am upholding the tradition. Last year was a mouse, the year before that, as she was just 9 month old, I made my daughter an owl costume.

What are you being for Halloween? IMG_1453

(construction info can be found here http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-little-owl-baby-costume.html)

@Leana: Thank you. By the way, I'm not in the States - I'm in Québec (Canada) - and we also celebrate Halloween. Exept here, it is always so cold by the end of October that we usually have to wear snow suits to go for the candy round. It kind of makes it hard to be a mermaid or a ballerina - the costumes don't fit on top of the winter wear.

I know Halloween is not as big a thing outside of North America; in High School, I was friends with an exchange student from Germany who had never heard of the practice, but went home to start the tradition in her neigbourhood!

Good luck on finding an idea for your party! I'll be happy to help supply inspiration should you need it.
Back to top Go down
http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
RockqueducT

RockqueducT

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:50 pm

oh, Retro. It's ok to have a samurai sword. They're super badass!

Also I live the picture of that child in the mousey costume. It's so giant and fluffy!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you being for Halloween?   What are you being for Halloween? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you being for Halloween?
Page 1 of 1