CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gardenofyesterday

gardenofyesterday

Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) Empty
PostSubject: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) 5959477090_a4b479b281
DSCN4086 by Garden of Yesterday, on Flickr

VEGAN CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP WALNUT AVOCADO COOKIES!!!!

8 oz mashed ripe avocado
12 oz bread flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 oz granulated sugar
8 oz light brown sugar
1.5 egg replacer
1 oz (your choice vegan) milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
*optional handful chopped walnuts

Melt the avocado in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat (mind you that it will not turn runny, merely very soft). Set aside to cool slightly.

Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda onto a paper plate. Pour the avocado into your stand mixer’s work bowl. (I do not have a stand so I did all of this by hand- it was painful) Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Make the egg replacer. I used flax seed: 1.5 tbsp ground flax seed and 3 tbsp water. I let that sit for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together the egg replacer, vegan milk and vanilla extract in a measuring cup. Reduce the mixer speed and slowly add the “egg” mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.

Using the paper plate as a slide, gradually integrate the dry ingredients, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Once the flour is worked in, drop the speed to “stir” and add the chocolate chips and walnuts if desired. Chill the dough for 1 hour. It will be stiff. (Or at least mine was, maybe yours won’t be)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and place racks in the top third and bottom third of the oven.

Scoop the dough into 1 1/2-oz portions onto parchment-lined half sheet pans, 6 cookies per sheet. (If the dough is stiff, you may want to push down the cookie to flatten with a glass- i did not do this and ended up with equally tasty BALLS!). Bake 2 sheets at a time for 15 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. Remove from the oven, slide the parchment with the cookies onto a cooling rack and wait at least 5 minutes before devouring.

*altered from this version: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html
Back to top Go down
http://gardenofyesterday.tumblr.com/
Ajent

Ajent

Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:43 pm

These look very tasty!!!
Back to top Go down
gardenofyesterday

gardenofyesterday

PostSubject: Re: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:14 pm

About 2 lbs too tasty if you ask my waist line...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:13 am

WANT! What a Face
Back to top Go down
gardenofyesterday

gardenofyesterday

PostSubject: Re: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 am

me too, but if i make them i will eat all of them!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:54 am

Never thought of making cookies with Avo! ummmm Smile
Back to top Go down
gardenofyesterday

gardenofyesterday

PostSubject: Re: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 am

It works really well! Its a GREAT fats substitute~
Back to top Go down
Concupiscence

Concupiscence

PostSubject: Experiment!   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Okay. I'm *sorta* making these right now. I don't usually measure in oz, so i found another recipe, and mod'ed it to my tastes (added coconut, hemp seed, oats and pandan {instead of vanilla}, used gluten free flours-almond and rice).

The first batch is in the oven right now.... Crosses fingers. Holds breath.

....as batter they are SO green because of the pandan! (also known as Screw Pine)......

Thank you for sharing your recipe, I'm pretty excited to use Avo this way! Maybe I'll be back later with pix to share...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)   Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Walnut Avocado Cookies (or cookie balls in my case)
Page 1 of 1