CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Low cut Lace Top

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EvertonB

EvertonB

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 am

The other day I was playing video games and an idea for doing a top with lace hit me out of nowhere. Now this isn't my original design, but I like the results. What do you guys think?
It has a nude color crepe lining, and the sleeves are longer over the arm than they are under it.

Front
Low cut Lace Top LaceBlouse11
Back
Low cut Lace Top LaceBlouse12

Now I need your guys help. I never used lace before which is in part the reason why my original design had to be adjusted. Basically, the part underneath (which was also suppose to be black) was suppose to have the low cut, and then the lace was suppose to cover up a little more, kind of like 2 tops worn one over the other. The problem is that when I went to do the finishing on the neck it got all stretched out. The finishing I tried to do was that very tight , thin overlock stitch, my sewing book calls is a "rolled hem". It worked fine on the sleeves and bottom hem, but the neck line got really messed up. Anyone have any good ideas on how to do finishing on lace when it's not attached to another fabric? I'm looking to learn a way that will make it look as delicate as possible. Thanks =D
Back to top Go down
ThatShannonKidd

ThatShannonKidd

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 pm

I don't know if I can answer your question but I can say that this looks fabulous already and I can't tell that anything is wrong with the neckline. I like the tassel waistband as well!
Back to top Go down
EvertonB

EvertonB

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:52 am

Oh no no I think you've misunderstood me; this final product is fine. The one that got messed up was my original design which turned into this one. Here's my concept drawing. I tried to make it look a little bit "professional" by adding color, but I think it's easy to tell now what I mean.
If you look on the neck like you'll see the 2 different colors. The black was suppose to be the under part, and the gray is the lace part, which would actually go over the black part like the top I have now. So yeah can you see the 2 neck like differences that I'm taking about? When I tried to sew the one that's just on lace, it got stretched out. Now that I think about it though I might have found the reason for it but I still don't know yet.
Low cut Lace Top Sketch21Color
Back to top Go down
ThatShannonKidd

ThatShannonKidd

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Okay now I see what you mean (that's why I was confused lol)
Back to top Go down

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Just looking at some of my lace stuff (I have a dress with another layer underneath. The lace has just been folded under - not sure why yours is stretching. Maybe it's the kinnd of lace you've used.

Alternatively you could sew a really thin piece of ribbon over the hem (on the inside), done with tissue paper so it doesn't pull into the machine (or hand sewn).
Back to top Go down
FrauleinToYou

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:46 pm

That's a problem with alot of stretchy fabric. I know you can add a facing but that would defeat the purpose. I hope someone has some ideas because I had the same problem. The top is gorgeous though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.frauleintoyou.blogspot.com
amandaggogo

amandaggogo

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:36 am

That top is fabulous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.instructables.com/member/amandaggogo/
Sponsored content

Low cut Lace Top Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low cut Lace Top   Low cut Lace Top Empty

Back to top Go down

Low cut Lace Top
Page 1 of 1