CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduction. also, advice needed. :)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamis

Jamis

Introduction. also, advice needed. :) Empty
PostSubject: Introduction. also, advice needed. :)   Introduction. also, advice needed. :) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:32 am

Hi, I'm Jamis, I was at threadbanger, blah blah blah. Smile
I like making stuff obviously, I'm trying to get better at sewing and crocheting.
I also enjoy music and martial arts and various nerdy hobbies.

I have a question and I guess I'll put it here because I'm not sure which category to post it in otherwise.. haha.
I've started a facebook and a storenvy(free etsy alternative) for some of the things I sell and I'm trying to be really careful about legal stuff. I try to make sure that if I use a pattern it isn't copyrighted, my recons are major enough to be my own, so on and so forth.
I do reconstructing as well as making items from 'scratch'... I'm not the greatest D-I-Yer but a lot of people have asked me if I sell my major upcycles or crocheted hats/wristwarmers/etc. So I figured, why not, right? I'm out of high school and have a few months before college since I graduated early, and I don't have a job right now. I figured this would be a good way to pass time until school (I'm studying for audio engineering).

But anyway- the question is, while I have an area with good lighting set up to take pictures of my projects, I have yet to take pictures of them ON people.
Since I'm just starting off, can I ask facebook friends to volunteer to model for free or should I offer a little bit of money to the model(s)? How would I word the search?

Any additional advice would be awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduction. also, advice needed. :)   Introduction. also, advice needed. :) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:41 am

I just asked my best friend if she'd do some modelling for me for some of the things I wanted to sell online - she said yes. I probably repaid her with a cup of tea.

They can but say no.

Alternatively, if you know anyone who is an aspiring model (maybe put up a sign at college), say they can use the images in their portfolio in exchange for you using them as product images. Or you could offer them £20.
Back to top Go down
Jamis

Jamis

PostSubject: Re: Introduction. also, advice needed. :)   Introduction. also, advice needed. :) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:55 am

PinUpRetro wrote:

Alternatively, if you know anyone who is an aspiring model (maybe put up a sign at college), say they can use the images in their portfolio in exchange for you using them as product images.

Yeah, I was wondering if something like this would be appropriate since I know a few people who are looking to go into modeling. I'll probably just ask some good friends first, though. Thanks! (:
Back to top Go down
EvertonB

EvertonB

PostSubject: Re: Introduction. also, advice needed. :)   Introduction. also, advice needed. :) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 am

You know, I was wondering the exact same thing. I was going to ask my friends to model my samples, but because I didn't know better when I bought my mannequin, I ended up getting one that is a size smaller. Although a "perfect" runway model might be a zero, it's really hard to get anyone smaller than a size 2. I actually found someone that is a size zero, and I'll hopefully have her wear some of my items too, but I have no idea how much to compensate her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction. also, advice needed. :)   Introduction. also, advice needed. :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction. also, advice needed. :)
Page 1 of 1