CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leana

Leana

Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival Empty
PostSubject: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:56 am

Hey all,

Remember the earrings I posted a while back, mentioning that they would be part of a complete outfit?
Well, it's finished, the festival has been last saturday and I have pics!

The first one was taken by my hubby using my phone, the second one is made by my father-in-law who is an excellent photographer. Due to my current 'sickness' (hypothyroidism) I'm very tired and it shows in every picture that has been taken of me this summer, but nevertheless I think this one is quite nice Smile

Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival 2011-08-05%25252022.40.00

Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival 8630

Everything except the boots and corset is made or adjusted by me. The 'skirt' thing is a small bustle made of the same material as the headband you can see on the second picture.
The pants are actually jeans with patches of leather sewn and glued onto it and the shirt is a cheap shirt with buttons hand-sewn onto it. The buttons were actually more expensive than the shirt Wink

So, what do you guys think?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 am

This is so frickkin awesome!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:06 am

Very Happy:D:D
Thank you so much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wobniar

wobniar

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Amazing! It comes together really well!
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:48 am

Thankyou Wobniar, that's good to hear! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:02 am

I am especially impressed and in love with those patchy leggings. Great job on the whole outfit!
Back to top Go down
http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks so much!! The pants were the hardest part, the rest was quite simple. It's all glued on to some skinny jeans, because I wasn't sure my sewing machine would love a double layer of jeans and leather Wink
Back to top Go down
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Leana wrote:
Thanks so much!! The pants were the hardest part, the rest was quite simple. It's all glued on to some skinny jeans, because I wasn't sure my sewing machine would love a double layer of jeans and leather Wink

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing the cheat trick with us. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:40 am

No thanks at all! Just remember that fabric glue is your best friend Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival   Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival Empty

Back to top Go down

Apocalyptic/Steampunk inspired outfit for a medieval fantasy festival
Page 1 of 1