CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kiera-oona

kiera-oona

Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store Empty
PostSubject: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

I wil be using this outfit for my larping for the new season which starts in may. there are a few things I still need to finish, but for a majority of the outfit, and what you see here, I got from the thrift store and altered it or made it from the ground up.

Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store 5589393303_d494563c56

Shirt: made from bedsheet - total cost 4$
skirt: made from secondhand skirt and table cloth - 8$
overdress: made from second hand dress and sheets - 14$
snood - hand crocheted, about 3$ of cotton yarn
Pants from sheets: 4$

Showing that with a bit of sewing you can make a larp outfit for less than 35$ - priceless

Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store 5589393301_a42c29c1cd

Back to top Go down
http://knittyknittykitty.blogspot.com/
Animama

Animama

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:41 pm

I love your outfit. It looks very authentic. Isn't it great making such a nice outfit for so little money!

I love working with thrift store finds too. Sheets are great. Amazing amount of very wide fabric for very little money. I always check for 100% cotton percale in good shape and pretty colors/patterns.

Back to top Go down
megneedles

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 am

Wow- awesome job! And great thrifting- everything goes together so well.
Back to top Go down
silence.est.harmony

silence.est.harmony

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:34 am

impressive...did you use patterns?
Back to top Go down
http://craftyelements.blogspot.com
kelkemerkel

kelkemerkel

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:50 am

Wauw, looks like you're gonna get mid-evil with us....lol. You look great!
Back to top Go down
kiera-oona

kiera-oona

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Animama wrote:
I love your outfit. It looks very authentic. Isn't it great making such a nice outfit for so little money!

I love working with thrift store finds too. Sheets are great. Amazing amount of very wide fabric for very little money. I always check for 100% cotton percale in good shape and pretty colors/patterns.

I also find alot of thrift finds for my quilting too. its amazing the amount of quilting cotton people get rid of
Back to top Go down
kiera-oona

kiera-oona

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:19 pm

silence.est.harmony wrote:
impressive...did you use patterns?

I did for the shirt, and part of the pants. I did some heavy modifying on certain parts. For the overdress I didnt use a pattern at all, nor did I use one for the skirt modifications.

I also have a leather cincher I have been carving. I JUST finished it today. Im just waiting for the backing to dry, and i will post pics soon
Back to top Go down
kiera-oona

kiera-oona

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:20 pm

kelkemerkel wrote:
Wauw, looks like you're gonna get mid-evil with us....lol. You look great!

Well, I will be carrying an axe with this character lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store   Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store Empty

Back to top Go down

Renaissance or Larp outfit...from the thrift store
Page 1 of 1