CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercy_Mile

Mercy_Mile

My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long. Empty
PostSubject: My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long.   My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long. EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:12 pm

So yesterday before heading over to my fiancées house, me and lil man stopped to visit my grandparents for a bit since it's been a while since they've gotten to see him. He did his usual, running all over, playing with the penguin slide toy that's been in the family since before my dad was born (and it still works!), chasing GG's puppy, etc. At one point he came up to P-Paw and said "I wanna show you something P-Paw!", took him by the hand and led him down the hall way. No big deal as my grandfather adores this little boy Smile
Anyway, grandma and I were sitting there chatting when we suddenly heard a loud noise and lil man screaming blue bloody murder. I went running down the hallway to their bedroom to see my 85 year old grandfather lifting my almost 30lb 3 year old off of.... the treadmill, it was turned on. He handed me the lil guy and I sat on the bed trying to comfort him. First thing I checked was his mouth which had no evidence of injury. I thought he was just scared out of his mind. Then grandma noticed something on his left elbow. I looked and saw that there was a large mark that looked like bad rug burn on his elbow and forearm, along with two small spots below his wrist. I wanted to cry with him. Apparently what had happened was, he asked grandpa if he could walk on the treadmill. He let him on at a very slow pace... now being a 3 year old, he has to touch buttons. He reached up, hit a button and the mill went full force pulling his feet out from under him. Theres a wall behind the treadmill so it stopped him, but his arm was still on the walking surface that was still in motion. Sad we immediately cleaned it up and sprayed neosporin on the wound. I called his Dr. and talked to a nurse who said to keep up with the neo and give him baby Tylenol.
Later on, it was looking worse so we took him to the ER. They got him cleaned up again and bandaged and a cream called Silver-dine. My poor little guy. I've never heard him cry so hard in my life (except when he had colic and when he was born). I want to take his pain away so bad. I have to keep his arm bandaged for two to three day changing them twice a day with the cream, and follow up with his Dr. on Thursday or Friday. And my poor Grandpa, he was so beside him self. It wasn't his fault, he knows it's not, but he feels so bad. Look at me, I'm going to cry writing this. lol.
Sorry this was so long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mercymile
ZombieCupcake90

ZombieCupcake90

PostSubject: Re: My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long.   My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long. EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:51 am

Oh my gosh!! I hope hes okay and feeling much better!! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CatlynLawson
Voxanthella

Voxanthella

PostSubject: Re: My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long.   My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long. EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:39 am

Poor baby, I know how much hurts too I fell on treadmill once. Poor lil man I'ms ending him all eel better thoughts I have. Its tough when stuff happens like that you've got hold yourself together. I hope he feels better soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/atatteredcanvas
Mercy_Mile

Mercy_Mile

PostSubject: Update   My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long. EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:33 am

Well it turns out that the non stick pads that the doctor was having up put on his burn, under the gauze, wasn't allowing the burn to breath at all. It wasn't getting a chance to heal and any kind of scabbing would just wash off when I would clean it. So half way through the day we took off the bandage to let it breath some. It's now starting to scab like it's suppose to and doesn't seem to be bothering him. I was actually able to spray some neosporin on it last night and it didn't hurt him at all. At this point it seems like it hurts me and not him. I hate seeing this on my little guy and knowing the pain he went through. I know exactly how it feels. When I was in first grade I crashed my bike riding the cul-de-sac by my house. I ended up with road rash on the entire left side of my face.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mercymile
FrauleinToYou

PostSubject: Re: My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long.   My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 pm

My sister and I used to turn the treadmill on full blast and sit on it while holding pillows to our bums. Same thing happened to my sister and she had a huge burn on her lower back....it was funny then of course because we were like 7 and 10 lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.frauleintoyou.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long.   My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long. Empty

Back to top Go down

My poor little guy (gross details) and kinda long.
Page 1 of 1