CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crafting parties?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercy_Mile

Mercy_Mile

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:35 pm

So me and a small group of female friends (we call ourselves the wives, and none of us are married, lol) have a bi weekly get together. Well my friend Missi (the head wife, haha!) found out that I had the Generation T book and wanted to see it, so I brought it along with the second edition and my 7 other t-shirt reconstruction books to her baby shower last Saturday. Everyone went NUTS over these books. The other day we were all chatting online and when we have our bi weekly wife meeting/get together tomorrow, we're going to make it a t-shirt party!! I have a laundry basket over flowing with t-shirts in the back of my tracker as I speak right now just waiting for tomorrow!

Have any of you ever had/been to a crafting party? If not, what kinds of Crafts would do at one?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mercymile
amandaggogo

amandaggogo

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Mercy_Mile wrote:
So me and a small group of female friends (we call ourselves the wives, and none of us are married, lol) have a bi weekly get together. Well my friend Missi (the head wife, haha!) found out that I had the Generation T book and wanted to see it, so I brought it along with the second edition and my 7 other t-shirt reconstruction books to her baby shower last Saturday. Everyone went NUTS over these books. The other day we were all chatting online and when we have our bi weekly wife meeting/get together tomorrow, we're going to make it a t-shirt party!! I have a laundry basket over flowing with t-shirts in the back of my tracker as I speak right now just waiting for tomorrow!

Have any of you ever had/been to a crafting party? If not, what kinds of Crafts would do at one?
Never been to one, but I would love to go to one!

I would probably do t-shirt and clothes recons, maybe things that are simple to do on hand rather than machine, for convinence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.instructables.com/member/amandaggogo/
apockylypse

apockylypse

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Never been to one, but I've dreamed of them.

Anything goes! T-shirt recons. Knitting. Crocheting. Embroidery. Plushies. Oh I could go on and on with the possibilities. Can you tell I'm a craft-a-holic?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Mercy_Mile

Mercy_Mile

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:26 pm

apockylypse wrote:
Never been to one, but I've dreamed of them.

Anything goes! T-shirt recons. Knitting. Crocheting. Embroidery. Plushies. Oh I could go on and on with the possibilities. Can you tell I'm a craft-a-holic?

lol!

You? A craft-a-holic? Nah! lol
Back to top Go down
Mercy_Mile

Mercy_Mile

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:35 am

So our little t-shirt reconstruction party was canceled yesterday. It started snowing like it was the movie day after tomorrow (Seriously?! It was just 80 degrees three days ago!), that and our "Head Wife" was feeling under the weather, she is also pregnant with her first child and I would be worried about her driving in that cold evil white stuff of DOOM!
Back to top Go down
ZiggyStardust

ZiggyStardust

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:28 pm

You could call it a t-party! lol! hahaha I'm sorry for my horrible jokes.
Back to top Go down
Gothictany
Admin
Gothictany

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:39 am

Thats a great idea Linsey with the Craft party and a "Tee-Party" is an awsome name!!!! Haha;)

in the Gen T book there's tons of projects that don't need a machine like the rug, the blankie...cutting tons of squares and slits and tie them together! You can make totes for hauling your yarn in..Smile

Or you can have a crotcheting/knitting party! And food!Smile
just saying..Smile
Back to top Go down
http://CurvyBettiesRock.etsy.com
Sponsored content

Crafting parties? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting parties?   Crafting parties? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crafting parties?
Page 1 of 1