CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my semi-diy wedding

Go down 
+5
RockqueducT
Steffi
paperflowers
JavaJawa
apockylypse
9 posters
AuthorMessage
apockylypse

apockylypse

my semi-diy wedding Empty
PostSubject: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm getting married next month, and my fiancé and I aren't the typical couple. We've seen lots of nice things, but nothing that fit our style of wedding. We want things to be fun, simple, crafty & silly...like us! So far we've bought a few things on Etsy (cake topper & groomsmen gifts), and we are making quite a bit too! Oh, and because I'm not extremely confident in my sewing skills, my talented mom is making all the dresses for the big day!

By the way, the wedding has a video game theme to it...specifically Mario (with a dash of Link & Zelda).

Here's a few of the things we've made so far:

Our invitations
my semi-diy wedding Blog%20invitation%20pic

Part of the wedding favors for our guests (1-up mushrooms that are going to be painted soon), turned by my fiancé on his wood lathe

my semi-diy wedding IMG_4254

We still have some work to do on a few other things (table decorations, tossing bouquet, etc.), so I'll update with some new pics soon.
Back to top Go down
JavaJawa

JavaJawa

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:14 pm

One up mushrooms!? That is too awesome.
Super cool invites.
Back to top Go down
http://ayanaaira.tumblr.com
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks! I can't really take all the credit though, because my fiancé is the one with the mad skills.

He was actually just out in the garage playing around when he almost accidentally made one, and that's when we decided that they were the perfect wedding favor for our geeky wedding.
Back to top Go down
paperflowers

paperflowers

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:25 pm

This is so adorable! You both sound crazy-cute to pull off something so awesome. Love to see more of what you both come up with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 pm

paperflowers wrote:
This is so adorable! You both sound crazy-cute to pull off something so awesome. Love to see more of what you both come up with. Very Happy

Aww, you're going to make me blush!

Just to give you guys a clue of what else is in the works:
  • Question Mark Block Boxes (table centerpieces) - We were going to do something whimsical like a wishing tree for people to leave us wedding wishes, and that turned into the boxes with heart & star shaped paper to leave wishes on.
  • Yo-yo flower bouquet (tossing bouquet) - I found an adorable how-to the other day for yo-yo flowers, and it gave me the idea for the tossing bouquet. Going to make them look like the flower power.
  • Hearts & Stars (note paper) - I'm going to be using my fun little Cricut machine (my aunt got it for me as a gift) to cut out the note paper for the wishes. We are going to design an 8-bit heart and star to match things from our favorite video games, Super Mario Bros. & The Legend of Zelda.

Back to top Go down
Steffi

Steffi

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 am

A Mario themed wedding, thats so cool!
The mushroom looks amazing, cudos to your fiancé.
Are you going for a Mario wedding cake too?
Back to top Go down
http://steffi-cottoncandycastle.blogspot.com/
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:47 am

Steffi wrote:
A Mario themed wedding, thats so cool!
The mushroom looks amazing, cudos to your fiancé.
Are you going for a Mario wedding cake too?

Yes, we are. We bought our cake topper on Etsy, it's Mario & Princess with the castle behind them. And we're going to see if our baker can possibly get scenes from the first game on the layers.

The groom's cake is also going to be geeky, but he hasn't decided exactly what yet...so many options.
Back to top Go down
RockqueducT

RockqueducT

PostSubject: Everyone loves Pez   my semi-diy wedding EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:49 pm

When we get married, long long ago we decided to use pez dispensers atop our cake...but then in that time, my Love's cousin did that at his wedding (without us even ever mentioning it) We'll still probably do that, unless we think of something even more craaaazy. I think they used bride and groom ones, unless I'm mixing thoughts with memories...no more coffee for me today.

Also paper flowers, your avatar makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
RockqueducT

RockqueducT

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:50 pm

oh man, I totally would love to see pictures of your Nintendo wedding!!!!!!! I hope it's a blast!!
Back to top Go down
amandaggogo

amandaggogo

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:03 pm

This sounds like a wonderful wedding! The video game theme is awesome! :0D
Back to top Go down
http://www.instructables.com/member/amandaggogo/
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:26 am

We just got the groomsmen gifts in the mail yesterday! They were one of the things we ordered from Etsy (because my fiancé went crazy over them).

my semi-diy wedding Il_570xN.195507991

Don't worry. I made sure to get him a set too, even though I know he'll not have a reason to wear them again.
Back to top Go down
RockqueducT

RockqueducT

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 am

oh man! Link is so happy to have that triforce!! coolest cuff links ever? I think so!
Back to top Go down
JavaJawa

JavaJawa

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Those are too cool!
Back to top Go down
http://ayanaaira.tumblr.com
peglegparadiddle

peglegparadiddle

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 am

apockylypse wrote:
We just got the groomsmen gifts in the mail yesterday! They were one of the things we ordered from Etsy (because my fiancé went crazy over them).

my semi-diy wedding Il_570xN.195507991

Don't worry. I made sure to get him a set too, even though I know he'll not have a reason to wear them again.

please please PLEASE link me to the seller. OMG! i must have a pair!!!!
Back to top Go down
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:40 am

Here's the seller's shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixelparty?ref=seller_info

He's a great seller, and is really quick to respond to convo's and ships item out quickly too. I definitely recommend them!
Back to top Go down
ZiggyStardust

ZiggyStardust

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Omg! That's such an awesome idea for a wedding!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:34 am

Hey,

You need to make sure you are careful with your bouquet - it might need wires to keep the flowers stiff enough...and you don't want to put out an 11 year old nieces eye!

I'm also getting married (August 2012) and will be making my bouquet (I'm using Kanzashi) and am wondering how I'll get around it...short of rapping it in bubble wrap!

Your Mario theme is awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:29 pm

I've been working on my tossing bouquet, but unfortunately have run out of glue sticks at the moment. Here's a sneak peak of the one set I got completely finished.

my semi-diy wedding Eboul

Sorry about the crappy quality. I took this pic with my cell phone and the camera on it is crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 am

Have you ever come across Princess Lasertron? Her felt bouquets are amazing :)http://princesslasertron.com/
Back to top Go down
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:59 am

Well I'm officially done with the tossing bouquet!

my semi-diy wedding IMG_4334

@PinUpRetro: There aren't any sharp pieces of wire sticking out. I wouldn't have done this if there had been, because I'm super clumsy and always think about the other clutzes out there. Also, I've never heard of Princess Lazertron. Thanks for the link, I'll check her out when I have a chance to really look at some things (super busy today).
Back to top Go down
Animama

Animama

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 5:20 pm

I love your theme. My youngest daughter would go nuts. She is a Zelda fan. How are you dressing? Traditional or as characters?
Back to top Go down
apockylypse

apockylypse

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:29 am

Animama wrote:
I love your theme. My youngest daughter would go nuts. She is a Zelda fan. How are you dressing? Traditional or as characters?

Traditional. We do have some subtle hints to video games though. Of course I'm the princess, so I'll be wearing a tiara! Very Happy Most of the video game themed things are going to be at the reception, except for the ceremony music which is all video game music.

And even better (as long as the weather cooperates), there will be a real castle in the background of the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my semi-diy wedding   my semi-diy wedding Empty

Back to top Go down

my semi-diy wedding
Page 1 of 1