CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Last Minute gift ideas anyone?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nursemaid121

nursemaid121

Last Minute gift ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Last Minute gift ideas anyone?   Last Minute gift ideas anyone? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 pm

So, let me just start out by saying I am a master procrastonater.. And with Christmas only being 3 days away, I still have to make gifts for the Parents..
They will "Love" any gifts I give them, but gifts that they "Love" less, than gifts that they LOVE, usually get put away in a droor, only to be thrown away in a few months, when my mom goes on an "Organizing Spree"

My Mother has an Iphone 4, and an Ipad. My dad is getting her an Ipad 2 for christmas though, so I could do something like that. She is a music teacher, and an "Office Assistaint" at a local Arts and Cultural center

My dad, is a very devoted guitar player, he builds FX petals, and he is really into those "Make Magazine" Projects

I looked today for hours on Cutoutandkeep.net but I always seemed to get sidetracked by things that I Liked, rather than things for them.. Please give me Ideas.. ALSO! I would need something that would possibly be with materials that were "around the house" That would be GREAT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Escargot

Escargot

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute gift ideas anyone?   Last Minute gift ideas anyone? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:03 pm

I suppose it is too late now, but I suggest you offer them home made confectionery (like fudge, chocolate truffles, caramels...) or biscuits (gingerbread, florentines...), or a nice cake that you would bake and decorate yourself. At least, your present will get eaten!! That's a lot better than being put in a drawer then given away santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute gift ideas anyone?   Last Minute gift ideas anyone? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:04 am

Though off course it's now too late, I wanted to add another idea Smile (though Escargot's ideas sound lovely and very yummy indeed)
I made rice-bags/heat-bags for some friends. There really great during the cold winter months and are really easy to make.
\http://morepjs.blogspot.com/2008/02/heat-bag-tutorial.html

I used this tutorial but added some adjustments Smile
It's great to warm them on the stove/heater for a few moments and then lay them around your neck, ankles or where-ever you want Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Minute gift ideas anyone?   Last Minute gift ideas anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Minute gift ideas anyone?
Page 1 of 1