CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

German translator required

Go down 
AuthorMessage

German translator required Empty
PostSubject: German translator required   German translator required EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:56 am

Hey guys - can someone translate the text in the two images for me. I've tried google translate (my typing it in), but it doesn't make a lot of sense in some places.

German translator required P1080111

German translator required P1080110
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: German translator required   German translator required EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:31 pm

It says:

Augustiner Brewery's old Storagebasement

built in 1807

The bottom-fermented beer, which was brewed according to the German Purity law, could only be brewed in the cold seasons, from Michaeli (September 29th) to Georgi (April 23rd).

The summer beer was brewed in March at the very end of the Gyle period (Summer- or Marchbeer), filled into the big barrels and brought to the summerbasement in the 'Isarhöhen' for their final storage and ripening.

From there the consumption of beer during summer was covered until fall.

2nd sign:

The basement was dryed out during winter, using cold air ducts. After the frost period in March the air ducts were closed. From January on, ice from the 'Nymphenburgweiher' and other close lakes outside of Munich was cut out and through iceshafts filled into the so called 'Stirneiskeller' (word-to-word translation: front ice basement).

2 1/2 metres of gravel work as isolation over the vault. chestnut trees were planted over the basement, so their shadows would slow down the melting of the ice.

This way it became custom for the people of Munich to go 'onto' the summer basement to enjoy a cold beer under the shadow-giving chestnut trees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German translator required   German translator required EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 am

Thank you lots and lots I love you
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: German translator required   German translator required EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 am

you're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German translator required   German translator required Empty

Back to top Go down

German translator required
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CRAFTOVISION :: Random stuff most likely not relating to crafts... :: Let's Gab-
Jump to: