CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gyoza from LovelyZillas post!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leather & lace

leather & lace

Gyoza from LovelyZillas post! Empty
PostSubject: Gyoza from LovelyZillas post!   Gyoza from LovelyZillas post! EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:07 pm

After talking to LovelyZilla about her homemade gyoza, I finally got up the guts to make them myself Smile I used exactly the same recipe she did, minus the miso paste and chili flakes(?), except for I used chives instead of green onion and all 9 oz. of pork instead of a 50/50 pork/beef mix. I was worried that the beef would be too fatty. I bought a package of wonton wrappers that I cut into circles by tracing a wine glass (you can see the wrapper scraps in the glass in the picture tongue )

Making potstickers!
Gyoza from LovelyZillas post! Gyoza_12
I didn't have too much trouble pleating the gyoza, it just seemed to come naturally. Of course, there were some exceptions Embarassed .

My first pleating job
Gyoza from LovelyZillas post! Gyoza_13

And... All done!
Gyoza from LovelyZillas post! Gyoza_14

When I cooked them, I had a bit of trouble with the steaming stage because while i was looking over the recipe, my mind saw 11/2 cups of water rather than just 1/2. I had to drain the water out rather than let it boil out.

Cooking...
Gyoza from LovelyZillas post! Gyoza_15

and plated! (this isn't all 40, by the way)
Gyoza from LovelyZillas post! Gyoza_16

I was the only one who actually ate with chopsticks, my parents don't know how Smile I made the sauce without chili oil because our store didn't carry it. I didn't like the sauce at all but my mom loved it. My dad actually really liked my gyoza considering he made it blatantly clear he "doesn't like potstickers".
Back to top Go down

Gyoza from LovelyZillas post!
Page 1 of 1