CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who doesn't like quiche?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Escargot

Escargot

Who doesn't like quiche?  Empty
PostSubject: Who doesn't like quiche?    Who doesn't like quiche?  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:52 pm

Quiche is one of my favourite foods, especially in the summer because it's good even when eaten cold and you don't need to prepare anything else (besides a bit of green salad on the side but I don't consider that "preparing"). Quiche is also a great way of using up leftovers.
So I thought we could have a topic for quiche recipes.

I'll start with this one because even though I've made countless quiches in my life, I only have pictures for this one (I just don't usually take pictures of the things I cook).

Broccoli and blue cheese quiche

Who doesn't like quiche?  6390676294e251aae7f124p7101152_copie

You will need:
- 1 roll of shortcrust pastry (or you can make your own if you have the time and patience)
- 250g of broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 150g of blue cheddar (you can use any type of blue cheese in fact -Roquefort is great with broccoli)
- 200 ml of double cream
- 3 eggs a handful of grated cheese (you can use any grated cheese you like -emmental, cheddar, mozzarella...)
- a handful of pine nuts (this is optional)

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Unroll the pastry, place in a tart dish, prick the surface with a fork and bake blind for 15 minutes until just firm to the touch.
3. Leave pastry to cool and reduce the heating of the oven to 180C. Cut the broccoli into florets (if you use frozen, you don't need to do that) and steam or boil for a very short time (I like to keep them crunchy but cook for longer if you like them tender or mushy). Cut the blue cheese into small cubes.
4. Arrange the broccoli and the blue cheese on the pastry. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and the grated cheese.
5. Pour over the broccoli in the pastry. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until set and brown. Serve with salad and bon appétit

Who doesn't like quiche?  7358324784e251aac797cbp7101159_copie

So if you try it let me know what you think about it! I apologise about the bad quality of the photos. I guess I'm bad at taking pictures in general Embarassed
But please tell me if you like it and share your favourite quiche recipes too Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who doesn't like quiche?    Who doesn't like quiche?  EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:43 am

That looks tasty *belly rumbles* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: Who doesn't like quiche?    Who doesn't like quiche?  EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:50 am

That looks lovely and yummy indeed! I only made quiche last week, with chard and eggplant, because I had to ´get rid of those vegetables´.

This one with broccoli sounds really nice, though I´m not so fond of blue cheese I might try it any time soon. Only thing is, my partner still needs to get an oven for his new apartment. I do have an oven at my students house, but rather not use it because of well...it's a students house.. Wink
Back to top Go down
EvertonB

EvertonB

PostSubject: Re: Who doesn't like quiche?    Who doesn't like quiche?  EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:03 pm

ahhh this looks so yummy... and I'm so hungry Q.Q
Back to top Go down
Escargot

Escargot

PostSubject: Re: Who doesn't like quiche?    Who doesn't like quiche?  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Leana : You don't have to use the blue cheese if you don't like it. Broccoli goes really well with salmon so you could use some smoked salmon or even cooked fresh salmon, and grated cheese of course... Smile

EvertonB and PinUpRetro : try to make it, it's easy! you won't regret it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who doesn't like quiche?    Who doesn't like quiche?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who doesn't like quiche?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CRAFTOVISION :: Projects and Tutorials :: Your Projects and Tutorials :: Food-
Jump to: