CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crunchy "asian" salad

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Escargot

Escargot

Crunchy "asian" salad Empty
PostSubject: Crunchy "asian" salad   Crunchy "asian" salad EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:33 am

I thought I would share this recipe with you. It's one of my favourite salads for the summer, when it's so hot that we don't have much appetite and all we want is something fresh and crunchy. I call it "asian" salad because of some of the ingredients I use in it.

To make the salad you will need:
-some lettuce (you can use iceberg or romaine or whichever you prefer really)
-one avocado
-100g of cooked jumbo prawns (shrimps for Americans)
-a couple of spring onions (scallions)
-a bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro!)
-a bunch of fresh mint
-lime juice
-grape seed oil

Got everything? now follow the steps:
-Dice the avocado
-shred the lettuce (or just tear it with your hands)
-shred the mint and coriander with a mezzaluna (or a knife, or scissors, or your fingers)
-chop the spring onions as fine as you can
-throw all the previous ingredients in a bowl, throw in the prawns, add a spritz of lime juice, about a tablespoon of oil, season with salt
-eat!

I'm sorry for not having a picture for this... Usually when I make this I'm so hungry that I just eat the whole thing before I even get a chance to take a photo
Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crunchy "asian" salad   Crunchy "asian" salad EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:01 am

Shrimps and prawns aren't the same thing btw. Prawns have a branching gill structure, whilst the gill structure of shrimps is lamellar. There is also a difference in the way that the two brood their eggs. Prawns legs are longer than shrimps and the shrimp's front pair of pincers is larger, whilst the prawns second pair of pincers is bigger.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Escargot

Escargot

PostSubject: Re: Crunchy "asian" salad   Crunchy "asian" salad EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:16 am

Wow! thanks for the information! I thought it was like eggplant and aubergine: two words for the same thing.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crunchy "asian" salad   Crunchy "asian" salad Empty

Back to top Go down

Crunchy "asian" salad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CRAFTOVISION :: Projects and Tutorials :: Your Projects and Tutorials :: Food-
Jump to: