CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Formal Dress Recon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
silence.est.harmony

silence.est.harmony

Formal Dress Recon Empty
PostSubject: Formal Dress Recon   Formal Dress Recon EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:12 am

We were strongly encouraged to go to a military ball just recently, so much so that someone bought tickets for us. So I decided to get creative on a dress that has been sitting in the closet for almost 10 years. Way out of date, v-cut in the back, and a high neckline in the front. Here is a before (back):

Formal Dress Recon 2011-013

There was no shape to it and it was black slinky material with a netting overlay that had sparkles and flours on it. So I seam ripped for about 3 hours to separate the two. Make some huge ruffles at the bottom of the dress, cut a v-neck, and took along piece of the netting and wrapped it from the shoulder over the bust and around the back to meet up with the large ruffles. I added a bow where it joined and on the opposite strap. Here is the finished product:

Formal Dress Recon 2011-014

I love the ruffles super much, but the v-neck is really low, so I will prob put lace there or something.
Back to top Go down
http://craftyelements.blogspot.com
peglegparadiddle

peglegparadiddle

Formal Dress Recon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formal Dress Recon   Formal Dress Recon EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:49 pm

nice!
Back to top Go down
Animama

Animama

Formal Dress Recon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formal Dress Recon   Formal Dress Recon EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:56 pm

silence.est.harmony wrote:
but the v-neck is really low, so I will prob put lace there or something.

I don't think the neckline is indecent. Show those girls off! Great recon from outdated to foxy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Formal Dress Recon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formal Dress Recon   Formal Dress Recon Empty

Back to top Go down

Formal Dress Recon
Page 1 of 1