CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

best way to paint on fabric?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tamara

tamara

best way to paint on fabric? Empty
PostSubject: best way to paint on fabric?   best way to paint on fabric? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:12 am

i want to put a mandala on a t-shirt.... i was thinking fabric paint.... but i'd wanna use a brush.... not sure if there are any tips or techniques?
Back to top Go down
RockqueducT

RockqueducT

best way to paint on fabric? Empty
PostSubject: Re: best way to paint on fabric?   best way to paint on fabric? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:58 pm

Hiya!

You could use fabric paint, or acryllics with an acryllic fabric medium (I've used both, both work well - I noticed the medium mix started to crack some though)

You could DIY silk-screen it (that requires putting together a silk screening kit...maybe Youtube has some cheaper alternatives to show you...) and it would require stenciling, but the's a very long lasting and professional way to go.

Or depending on how you want to design it, you could use the printable iron on transfers...

hope it helps some.

** if you do use paint, make sure you put something between the layers to prevent bleeding through. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

best way to paint on fabric?
Page 1 of 1