CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Light cream Scarf

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EvertonB

EvertonB

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:08 pm

My aunt was visiting us over a month ago and taught me a super easy (yet time consuming) way to make scarfs (or even sweaters now that I think about it). My mom asked me to make her a scarf and here are the result.

Light cream Scarf Pbucket

It looks just like the knits you see in stores but it's made by hand. (well there's a "mold" you have to make before you can start to knit)

This is one of the few things I've made. I'll come back and post another scarf I made a few week ago everyone seemed to love it. I felt so proud XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reeonzoid

Reeonzoid

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 1:14 pm

It's so pretty! I wish I knew how to knit. I know how to crochet, but my scarves always turn out very uneven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Looks great! Care to share this super easy way? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
EvertonB

EvertonB

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:45 pm

hmmm in order to explain the process I would have to make a video. It's kind of one of those things where you have to show. Like I mentioned there's a mold, I did mine by hand, but I just saw it the other day at at Michaels. The pack had many sizes in it too. If I had the name I could probably find a video on you tube or something. I of course can't find it online right now.
ANYWAYS, I'll see if I can make a video tutorial but I make no promises D=

Also Reeonzoid: I like to crochet too. How come you're scarfs are coming out uneven? Are you using different types of stitches? And are you keeping the tension consistent? I'm making a scarf for my friend right now and it's kind of uneven because it used different stitches. The one I made prior was getting uneven because I wasn't keeping the tension consistent, so I had to compensate for that when I noticed and then made sure to stop every once in a while to make sure it was looking ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvertonB

EvertonB

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:00 pm

OHOHOHOH It's called a loom and/or a knitting board here's a video that gives a little glimpse on it. I guess there's different stitches you can do on it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh, I have seen those before. If that is what the result looks like, I really have to get me one. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
Reeonzoid

Reeonzoid

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Yeah, my tension is really off Razz The ends of my scarves (As in the part I end with) are always really tight and the beginnings really loose. I'm not too bothered by it, but it's not very pretty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leana

Leana

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:10 am

I do agree with Gwenyver! When I saw your pics, I was thinking it might me made on a loom, but since I've never seen anything made on a loom I wasn't sure Wink
It looks really great and I love the cream colors, your mother must be very happy with such a beautiful scarf Smile
Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Light cream Scarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light cream Scarf   Light cream Scarf Empty

Back to top Go down

Light cream Scarf
Page 1 of 1