CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Blue Sequin Dress

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LovelyZilla

PostSubject: Blue Sequin Dress   Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:07 pm

I found this at Goodwill yesterday:

It's a fabulous dress, but I feel like it's missing something. I'm considering putting cutouts in the sleeves. I don't know what to do with it! Otherwise, it's a totally fabulous dress.

Any advice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sequin Dress   Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:40 am

I'd but some darts in the side to nip you in a bit more (I don't mean darts that point in towards your middle - I mean ones that run the length of the side.

I personally thing the issue is the middle and mayeb the neckline - a fabo belt or necklace?

PS - its lovely! Blue and sparkles! my two fav things! Smile
Back to top Go down
LovelyZilla

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sequin Dress   Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Part of the problem with the middle of the dress is just the way the light is hitting it. I only have one mirror, and it's right next to this super bright window.... All that light on the sequins gives it shadows that aren't actually there.
But yeah, it does need to come in a bit. I have just enough curves that wearing non-fitted clothing makes me look larger. ><

I had the toughest time photographing it, but the back of this dress is really cute, too. It dips down to just above the bra line, much lower than the neckline. Hilariously, the people at goodwill put the pricetag the neckline, thinking it was the back (the garment label was sewn into the lower side.). I'm sure it could probably be worn either way, though. Reversible dress!

I am going to shorten the sleeves to about 3/4 length and cut open the shoulders. Modernize it a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Sequin Dress   

Back to top Go down

Blue Sequin Dress
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1