CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Forced into Homecoming Shindig, and in Need of Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wobniar

PostSubject: Forced into Homecoming Shindig, and in Need of Ideas!   Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:33 pm

So my boyfriend and I have been voted onto homecoming court for my high school, most likely as a joke, and we want to use this as an opportunity to screw with people as much as possible. Besides listing my bio to be read out during the football game as enjoying taxidermy, bounty hunting, and magic, and my future career as a Space Cowboy, I want to come up with an interesting dress or suit I can wear for the parade and such (we'll likely not go to the dance).

It's already been suggested that I go as the guy and he go as the girl (His hair is down to his mid-back and mine barely reaches my chin), but he doesn't seem to like it all that much. Does anyone have any other ideas? I need to be able to put this together fairly quickly; The parade and game is on Wednesday and I didn't even know homecoming as coming up until this crap happened. Any suggestions or other ideas would be most welcome! I'm trying to turn this stupid song-and-dance with the school's rules and expectations around for my own amusement. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwenyver-Costumes

PostSubject: Re: Forced into Homecoming Shindig, and in Need of Ideas!   Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:19 am

I like how you think!

Personally, back in high school I would have loved it if there were parties and official dances so I could have an excuse to dress up (we don't do that in French schools here - English schools do it though), but seeing how at Prom, they made this contest of who is the sexiest, who is the teacher's pet - which, really, I should have won - who is the most likely to make it in life, etc. that was really just a popularity contest (and the witch of the school was somehow at the bottom of the food chain, go figure), I agree with your plan, especially if you were voted in as a joke (not knowing you, is it to humiliate you, or just cuz your friends thought it would be funny?).

Ideas:
- Go to a good will store and find a very 80's poofy dress and a powder blue suit for him;
- Make a dress and suit out of garbage bags and tape (this can be considered a statement if this is what you think of the event);
- Make Threadbanger's t-shirt dress;
- Something Safari or animal printed because High School (and life really) is a jungle;
- Or (and I hope this makes sense once translated), dress up as Movers... for coming home / home coming.

That's all I have for now, but I can't wait to see what you come up with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
wobniar

PostSubject: Re: Forced into Homecoming Shindig, and in Need of Ideas!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:06 am

Lol, I wouldn't mind the dances if they had actual music and dancing, but it's mostly just horrible radio music and smurfing with [barely any] clothes on. And yeah, it was a conspiracy among our friends (I am going to find out who organized it and punch them right in the butt, though XD).

Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that the dresses one can wear to the parade and game are very limited (semiformal dresses for the parade- might be able to have a *little* fun with that one- and a long white dress for the game. SO LAME.), so I'm just going to do the best I can with what I have. It's so oppressive! DX I love your ideas, though! My boyfriend found a zoot suit he might be able to wear, and I think I'm going to use some of your ideas for spirit week. Thank you~!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwenyver-Costumes

PostSubject: Re: Forced into Homecoming Shindig, and in Need of Ideas!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:50 am

Well then, if you need a long white dress for the game, I really think the t-shirt dress would be awesome!

In any case, I'd love to find out what you will come up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forced into Homecoming Shindig, and in Need of Ideas!   

Back to top Go down

Forced into Homecoming Shindig, and in Need of Ideas!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1