CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leana

Leana

Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on Empty
PostSubject: Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on   Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:32 am

Lately, I've been picking up the needles more and more! Not that I didn't knit and crocheted and nalbound as much as I used to do, but well, I just thought 'hey, let's share some new stuff'.

So here are some pictures I made with my phone, over the last few weeks. I've been trying out more, and made more, but mostly I just forget to take a picture Wink

First, some knew knitting stuff. It's still just a start, but I learned this technique only yesterday when a friend came over to visit and showed me the scarf she was working on. She has just learned knitting a few weeks ago, but all ready is some knifty knitster Wink

Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on 2011-09-15%25252008.11.22

In Dutch (or maybe rather French), this type of knitting is called 'ajour' and Google Translate says that it's called ' lace knitting' in English (but I'm not so sure).
It's actually way more simple then one might think, seeing the result.
Though this purple thing began as a swatch, I decided to make it into a scarf for the gal who thought me the technique because she claimed she loved the colour so much Smile

Second, some mini-projects I started. A few weeks ago, on the very last real summerday, I had to lay down on the couch all day because I was so sick I became dizzy when I got up to make some tea... But it's really hard to sit around and do nothing (besides watching series and reading a book) all day, so I though 'hey, let's try this amigurumi thing'.
I've seen some fantastic fantasy-animal-stuff lately, here and on other places on the Web.
Here is my take on it:

This is the first one I made, not finished yet, but almost there.

Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on 2011-09-05%25252021.49.09

This is the second one I made, and I just love the thingy on the head. It still needs some good eyes and such.

Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on 2011-09-03%25252023.43.11

So, I want to show you more but I don't have any more pictures.... but as soon as I have them, I'll share Smile

xxx
Back to top Go down
Escargot

Escargot

PostSubject: Re: Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on   Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:59 am

I love the lace pattern (that's how it's called in English, and point ajouré in French, you were right Smile )
Could you post the pattern for it?

Also your amigurumi look nice, can't wait to see them with eyes on What a Face
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

PostSubject: Re: Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on   Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks Escargot! (for the admiriation and the correction Wink You learn something new every day Smile)
I'll look up the pattern as soon as possible, I'll put it on the agenda for tomorrow Smile

It's a shame but since I made them, I haven't been able to do anything else for my amigurumi's, since I've been way too busy and stressy with work and study... It's a good thing the end of december is approaching, then I can get a bit of vacation and take a breather Wink But I'm thinking of giving the amigurumi to my little sister, for St. Nicholas (dutch Holiday on the 5th of December), so there's a small chance I'll finish them this week Wink Or else with Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on   Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on Empty

Back to top Go down

Knitting and crocheting, some of the stuff I'm working on
Page 1 of 1