CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

summer caftan and wire jellewery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thelittlevampirebat

thelittlevampirebat

summer caftan and wire jellewery  Empty
PostSubject: summer caftan and wire jellewery    summer caftan and wire jellewery  EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:24 am

summer caftan and wire jellewery  P8180075_1313669226

first time working with sheer fabrics,it s not a hard project but i came across a few problems:
i used Scissors, and the pattern was huge so i couldn t fold the fabric in half....it took me 2 hours to cut the fabric conclusion i need to buy a rotary cuter,plus i used my grandma s sewing machine,a straight stich machine!so no overlock stich and by the time i had to hem the garment it had already frayed prety bad Sad i had to add extra fabric and i couldn t hem the side conclusion number 2 i need a serger
but ok first try next time i ll make it better Smile
made using a burdastyle pattern
and some jellewery i made
summer caftan and wire jellewery  P8180078_1313670003
summer caftan and wire jellewery  P8180076_1313669961
still working on the earings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: summer caftan and wire jellewery    summer caftan and wire jellewery  EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 am

You need to get some anti-fray spray. I've made chiffon dresses without having to reach for my serger. Did you use a french hem technique?
Back to top Go down
thelittlevampirebat

thelittlevampirebat

PostSubject: Re: summer caftan and wire jellewery    summer caftan and wire jellewery  EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 am

PinUpRetro wrote:
You need to get some anti-fray spray. I've made chiffon dresses without having to reach for my serger. Did you use a french hem technique?
i folded over the seams ,like a double hem ,it worked great so far (i m wearing it for like 1/2 months ), i was concerned about the curvy seams in the sleeves so i didn t use the french hem technique
Wink i ll try the anti-fray spray tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: summer caftan and wire jellewery    summer caftan and wire jellewery  Empty

Back to top Go down

summer caftan and wire jellewery
Page 1 of 1