CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

plastic boning?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thelittlevampirebat

thelittlevampirebat

plastic boning? Empty
PostSubject: plastic boning?   plastic boning? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:42 am

so i want to make some corset/bustiers(light boned no reduction) and i can t find boning in my country and all the online shops i looked have really expensive shipping, the only boning i found that has cheap shipping is this one plastic boning? Il_fullxfull.204513084 it s clear plastic boning i don t know what type but i was wondering if anybody knows if it work for corsets or bustiers?
Back to top Go down

plastic boning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: plastic boning?   plastic boning? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:56 am

I personally never use plastic boning - there are far too many horror stories out there.

From a technical point of view - the plastic will bend and it won;t go back into shape (metal will) - so if you use plastic, it will be a case of your garment hanging weirdly after a while and not fitting you properly if you gain or loose a bit of weight and possibly having to chnage the boning.

I got my boning from here: http://www.venacavadesign.co.uk/Catalogue1/The_types_of_Boning.html
Back to top Go down
thelittlevampirebat

thelittlevampirebat

plastic boning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: plastic boning?   plastic boning? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:52 am

PinUpRetro wrote:
I personally never use plastic boning - there are far too many horror stories out there.

From a technical point of view - the plastic will bend and it won;t go back into shape (metal will) - so if you use plastic, it will be a case of your garment hanging weirdly after a while and not fitting you properly if you gain or loose a bit of weight and possibly having to chnage the boning.

I got my boning from here: http://www.venacavadesign.co.uk/Catalogue1/The_types_of_Boning.html
thanks for the site and the info i ll probably try out SYNTHETIC WHALEBONE ( even tho it s plastic) or Spiral Wires Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gwenyver-Costumes

Gwenyver-Costumes

plastic boning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: plastic boning?   plastic boning? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:02 pm

It depends how often you intend to wear your corset or bustier, but if it's only for sporadic use, I've used tie wraps with a lot of success in the past. They are cheap, flexible, comfortable, and you can find them in hardware stores.

I hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
http://costumeholic.blogspot.com/
RockqueducT

RockqueducT

plastic boning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: plastic boning?   plastic boning? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:34 pm

spiral steel boning is a great choice. It is flexible (in all ways, not just back and forth) and sturdy. Check out on youtube: bishonenrancher or lucycorsetry. I've subscribed, she's great. She has a tutorial on different types of boning as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

plastic boning? Empty
PostSubject: Re: plastic boning?   plastic boning? Empty

Back to top Go down

plastic boning?
Page 1 of 1