CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello my name is Evange and I'm a sewaholic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
evange

evange

Hello my name is Evange and I'm a sewaholic Empty
PostSubject: Hello my name is Evange and I'm a sewaholic   Hello my name is Evange and I'm a sewaholic EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:35 am

I'm Evange. I've been sewing since I was 17, and I've been making sewing tutorials on youtube for about a year now.

I like sewing, but I especially like figuring out shapes and drafting patterns. I started making videos because I really wasn't satisfied with what was out there already, and I felt that I had a very specific expertise that would fulfill a niche.

Here's my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/evange/

I dont really consider myself a "DIYer". Everything I make needs to have function. Reusing, recycling, and repurposing things is great, but if what you end up with has as little function as what you started with, then you really havent really improved anything. Which is why I mostly make clothing, and why my tutorials tend to focus on basic shapes and techniques rather than the fad du jour. If I'm going to spend the time and money to create something, it better last more than 3 washings.

I dont have an etsy/online store. My mantra has always been that commission/etsy will never be profitable enough to be worth the effort. Especially since I'm Canadian and any profit would quickly be eaten up by postage fees. But I'm always open to sharing how I made something.

Despite all that, I dont really consider myself a teacher. Explaining things is just part of my though process, and it makes me better at sewing stuff myself. As I'm sewing something, I'm constantly thinking about what would be the simplest way to break something down, and what I would say if I were to explain it to someone.

TL;DR: I make videos
Back to top Go down

Hello my name is Evange and I'm a sewaholic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CRAFTOVISION :: Hullo! :: Introductions. Say hey!-
Jump to: