CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AHH Help me!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nursemaid121

nursemaid121

AHH Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: AHH Help me!!   AHH Help me!! EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:42 am

So, one day I was bouncing around ThreadBanger, and I saw your Episode on shirring, I was really excited so I got some Elastic thread, and fabric and started.

However...
I set the tension to automatic, and I got the biggest stitch length, but it's still not working! I practiced on my test fabric, and every time after I finish a row, it won't stretch! so then I pull it more, and the elastic breaks, and I feel all sad Sad

Someone plz help! I'm Losing my MIND (and substantial amounts of Elastic thread)
Back to top Go down
Gast

AHH Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHH Help me!!   AHH Help me!! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 am

did you thread your elastic thread on your spool by hand? if not, you should do that! and stretch it while threading!
you want to use the elastic thread only as lower thread. the top thread should be normal.
also I found that it works better when you don't switch to the longest stitch.
always remember to lock your stitches! if you don't do that, the elastic will pull right out...

I hope I could help a little!
Back to top Go down
nursemaid121

nursemaid121

AHH Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHH Help me!!   AHH Help me!! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:56 am

Thanks, but I already have all of the basics covered. I will try not putting on the biggest stitch length, although I don't see that helping my issue.
Back to top Go down
Rae

Rae

AHH Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHH Help me!!   AHH Help me!! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:40 am

nursemaid121 wrote:
Thanks, but I already have all of the basics covered. I will try not putting on the biggest stitch length, although I don't see that helping my issue.

Try putting your tension on a 3, and using a regular stitch length.

Are you remembering to spray and iron your shirring after you're done? If you don't do that (or you don't have enough rows of shirring, at least six when ever I try to do it) it won't look like/stretch like regular shirring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AHH Help me!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHH Help me!!   AHH Help me!! Empty

Back to top Go down

AHH Help me!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CRAFTOVISION :: Hullo! :: Have a question or suggestion for Craftovision?-
Jump to: