CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cincher with roses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kiera-oona

kiera-oona

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:22 pm

My latest work to go with the rennaissance/larp outfit

Cincher with roses 5797374667_6ba02f98f3
Back to top Go down
http://knittyknittykitty.blogspot.com/

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 am

Very beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Ajent

Ajent

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 pm

You're SO talented!
Back to top Go down
evange

evange

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:52 am

Beautiful!

Did you make the leather like that or did it come like that?
Back to top Go down
kiera-oona

kiera-oona

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:23 pm

evange wrote:
Beautiful!

Did you make the leather like that or did it come like that?

The leather before it is tooled (stamped) and dyed is a light brown color...kind of the color of skin. Then you wet it to stamp in the design, which in this case is the roses and the celtic knot border. Then you dye it the color you want, then seal it with a wax based finish.
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:37 am

Lovely! It looks great, beautiful carving Surprised

And you gave me an excellent idea for the steampunk-ish idea I'm working on! The huge bag with leather patches I ordered arrived just yesterday and most of the patches turned out to be way more big then I expected, so I think I'll have enough to make something like a swiss waist corset as well. Thanks for the idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 am

Ow and a question, how does one dye leather? Smile
Back to top Go down
kiera-oona

kiera-oona

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 am

Leana wrote:
Ow and a question, how does one dye leather? Smile

You need to use vegetan or vegetable tanned leather in order to be able to dye it. You can buy leather dyes in a variety of colors. I have experimented a bit with food coloring for dye which kinda works. Once you dye your item, you have to seal it in with a wax based sealent otherwize the color will run, or possibly absorb colors you dont want
Back to top Go down
Leana

Leana

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 am

Okay, I completely understand Smile Thanks so much! Gonna try it sometime and when I'm finished I'll show the result Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cincher with roses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cincher with roses   Cincher with roses Empty

Back to top Go down

Cincher with roses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CRAFTOVISION :: Projects and Tutorials :: Your Projects and Tutorials :: Costumes-
Jump to: