CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MsCashew

MsCashew

Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) Empty
PostSubject: Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)   Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Well, I found this amazing t-shirt at Salvation Army for a buck, but got it for 50 cents, as it was half off (WOO!).

Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) SpookyhootnessYAY

I adore Halloween and love owls, but, way too small for an ample *coughbigcough* woman such as mahself, so, I would love to make a messenger bag out of it. I'm just not sure how to go about it. I was thinking of finding a fabric that matched the blue to make the flap out of three pieces (the owl being in the middle of course : ) ), and then of course having a back piece of the same color (or some sort of yellow...) to make it more durable, of course. Hmm . . .

But yes, some help on this project would be absolute love, as I'm still a bit of a beginner in the sewing department, and just want to make the best bag I can. : D

Thanks so much in advance, everyone! I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)   Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:29 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)   Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6yDxK68OZc (Sew instead of staple)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ntUAjIkKE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
MsCashew

MsCashew

PostSubject: Re: Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)   Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:18 am

Thank you for the suggestions, dahling. I love you I was thinking more though of a messenger bag, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8BLbrw3xE

I think I could follow the directions pretty well with that one, I'm just concerned about the different fabrics since the t-shirt is, well, like a t-shirt fabric (you know, more stretchy then what you'd usually pick out at the fabric store : ) ). . . And I'm quite scared to try a zipper. pale (I will try that tote bag with another t-shirt, though. : D)

I was also thinking of combining that video with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvGjkyuPGa8

Something as such. Hmm . . .
Back to top Go down
AeriDesigns

AeriDesigns

PostSubject: Re: Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)   Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 am

Here's what I'd probably do:
*Find an awesome contrasting fabric
*Make the pattern out of something sturdier first (Like fused together plastic bags - eco-friendly!)
*Cover the plastic bag pieces with the contrasting fabric and make a liner, too
*Make a front panel from the front of the shirt and sew it on with contrasting thread
*Make star and moon shapes from the back of the shirt and sew them to the bag

Then you should probably wash it with a water-proofer to make it waterproof Very Happy You can get water-proofers from camping shops, for £10.50 ($16.90) And with a bottle like that you can wash pretty much your entire wardrobe with it Very Happy

Hope I helped Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)   Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Messenger bag, you say? May I please have some help, though? :)
Page 1 of 1