CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)

Go down 
+3
nikkithegnerd
alpha_omega
theshylion
7 posters
AuthorMessage
theshylion

theshylion

Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) Empty
PostSubject: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:30 am

I made this bag for my Ma. Apologies for the mediocre photography, as I had an impatient recipient and a dying battery to content with.

Front post stitches are your friend. Really dig how they look, especially using cotton - was worried the cotton wouldn't show up the pattern very well. Made it from a Japanese pattern - the chart was crazy good, so I didn't even need to do any translating.

Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) Croche10
Back to top Go down
http://theshylion.com
alpha_omega

alpha_omega

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 am

Pretty! I really like the pattern.
Back to top Go down
nikkithegnerd

nikkithegnerd

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:58 pm

This is really awesome! I really love how it's not $1 tote bag shaped (not that crochet or knit bags usually sell for a dollar, that's just the shape), and I love the zig zag. I think my favorite is the closure though. It's adorable. I love you
Back to top Go down
theshylion

theshylion

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm

nikkithegnerd wrote:
This is really awesome! I really love how it's not $1 tote bag shaped (not that crochet or knit bags usually sell for a dollar, that's just the shape), and I love the zig zag. I think my favorite is the closure though. It's adorable. I love you

Thanks heaps! Yeah; I wanted to make a proper bag; I think those crocheted shopping-bag-style bags are cool and all, but I wanted to make something a bit more fancy.

I'm glad you like the closure! I was a bit concerned it was a little too big; but Ma loved it, so shazam.
Back to top Go down
Animama

Animama

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Oh how beautiful. No wonder your mom was so impatient to use it.
Back to top Go down
Voxanthella

Voxanthella

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:53 am

I wish i crocheted that well
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/atatteredcanvas
theshylion

theshylion

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:45 am

Thanks peeps! <3
Back to top Go down
kelkemerkel

kelkemerkel

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:12 am

Good job shylion, it's a very pretty bag.
Back to top Go down
peglegparadiddle

peglegparadiddle

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:03 pm

that bag is super cool. where did you find the pattern?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)   Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern) Empty

Back to top Go down

Crocheted Shoulder Bag (Japanese Pattern)
Page 1 of 1