CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gameboy Blanket

Go down 
+2
ZombieCupcake90
Bluubiird
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluubiird

Bluubiird

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Uhh, couldn't decide if this should be under textiles or something else. So I'm going with this.

I've been meaning to post this to Threadbanger, but I could NEVER seem to get that darn registration email. >.<
Anyway, I started this in October as a Christmas present for my boyfriend, it ended up taking me until around January to finish. I really underestimated just how long it would take. He also doesn't know I've made it yet, as I haven't had the chance to give it to him.

Gameboy Blanket C360_2011-01-2416-37-16

Gameboy Blanket C360_2011-01-2416-38-05

Gameboy Blanket C360_2011-01-2416-38-34

Gameboy Blanket C360_2011-01-2416-40-08

Gameboy Blanket C360_2011-01-2416-43-31

It looks rather big, but I only have a twin sized bed. (I'm pretty small, and he's about 8-9 inches taller than me so I wanted to be sure it wouldn't be too small.)
It's actually double sided, so the reverse side of it looks like the back of the gameboy. It's mostly white threading (the ribs and the battery cover) and then gray fabric for the cartridge. The front has the off and on words, the speaker ribs, and the indentations on the top. There's a few missing elements (the phones jack label, and the 'Dot Matrix with Stereo Sound' wording for example) but overall I tried to make it as detailed as possible. A good portion of it was hand stitched, as my sewing machine broke partway through the project.
I'm not super happy with the quality, but it was my first time making a blanket. And I know he'll love as as we're both MASSIVE nerds. <3

If I ever get a new sewing machine, I'm gonna try my hand at cartridge pillows to go with it. And something from the Sega line, as he's a Sega fan.

Anyway, that's it. Just felt like sharing with everyone.
:3
Back to top Go down
ZombieCupcake90

ZombieCupcake90

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 pm

wow! that is awesome! nice job!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CatlynLawson
crzy8cupcake

crzy8cupcake

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

Yay for game crafts! That blanket is awesome
Back to top Go down
Haywood

Haywood

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Love it.
Back to top Go down
http://AdrianneMae.etsy.com
Bluubiird

Bluubiird

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Thanks so much everyone. <3
Back to top Go down
amandaggogo

amandaggogo

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:44 am

Love it! :0D
Back to top Go down
http://www.instructables.com/member/amandaggogo/
Animama

Animama

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Very nice! I bet he will love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gameboy Blanket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameboy Blanket   Gameboy Blanket Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameboy Blanket
Page 1 of 1