CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gast

PostSubject: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:25 am

I was about one year really into sewing and DIY, when I realized i desperately needed an iron and an ironing board. But all the ironing boards were soooo expensive! So I took one of the boxes I had still laying around, bought an ironing board-cover and got to work. This is what it looks like:

(And when I have to type 'ironing board' one more time I'll jump out the window!)

here is where i store most of my yarn in... surprise! it's a wine-box! Smile

Back to top Go down
ZombieCupcake90

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:32 pm

Wow! I love that idea so much!! And a such a great place to store yarn, especially if you have to hide your growing stash from someone! hehe Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/CatlynLawson
alpha_omega

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:26 am

That is genius! Shocked
Love it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Tue May 24, 2011 1:50 pm

You're so brilliant. Is the ironing board top nailed down? (looks like it is)

Can the box still open? If not maybe modify one so the ironing board case... thing... whatever it's called, velcroes onto the box, so you could also still use it for storage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Wed May 25, 2011 2:57 am

Rae wrote:
You're so brilliant. Is the ironing board top nailed down? (looks like it is)

Can the box still open? If not maybe modify one so the ironing board case... thing... whatever it's called, velcroes onto the box, so you could also still use it for storage.

If you look at the last image, you can see the 'lid' is separate to the slidy bit. As long as the nails were short ones (4mm?) it wouldn;t go all the way through the box and you'd still be able to use it as a storage box.

Awesome idea btw - sometimes all you need is a smaller board to iron on and not to have to wrestle with a large board.
Back to top Go down
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Wed May 25, 2011 9:05 am

PinUpRetro wrote:

If you look at the last image, you can see the 'lid' is separate to the slidy bit. As long as the nails were short ones (4mm?) it wouldn;t go all the way through the box and you'd still be able to use it as a storage box.

Awesome idea btw - sometimes all you need is a smaller board to iron on and not to have to wrestle with a large board.

Yeah, but the nails look like they're so far over that they're not on the lid anymore, but rather, on the bumper bit. But your idea is also good! It makes much more sense than Velcro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Wed May 25, 2011 3:32 pm

@ Rae and PinUpRetro: I don't really get the question... Rolling Eyes

These are two different boxes. The ironing board is a little bigger than the one >I store my yarn in.
The box for the ironing board came without lid, so I removed the bottom and upholstered it with the ironing board fabric. then I nailed it to the box again.

The yarn box came with the sliding lid. It's very handy Smile And it looks nice, even if you have it laying around in your room (which I always have Smile )
Back to top Go down
TwistedCrafts

Location : Buried in snow somewhere in the Rockies, send help!

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Wed May 25, 2011 3:50 pm

I am in L.O.V.E. with this... I could really use one... Now off to find a wine box..
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twisted-Crafts/132627736764728?ref
Rae

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Wed May 25, 2011 7:44 pm

janinarebekka wrote:
@ Rae and PinUpRetro: I don't really get the question... Rolling Eyes

These are two different boxes. The ironing board is a little bigger than the one >I store my yarn in.
The box for the ironing board came without lid, so I removed the bottom and upholstered it with the ironing board fabric. then I nailed it to the box again.

The yarn box came with the sliding lid. It's very handy Smile And it looks nice, even if you have it laying around in your room (which I always have Smile )

I know they're two different boxes, but I didn't know the first one had no lid. I was saying that if it DID have a lid, you could make the ironing mat removable so it could double as storage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Thu May 26, 2011 2:39 pm

that would have been awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
kelkemerkel

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   Sat May 28, 2011 11:16 am

Looks good, what a great idea! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy   

Back to top Go down

Handy-dandy little wine-box ironing board / going box crazy
Page 1 of 1