CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Framed Earring holder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mercy_Mile

Mercy_Mile

Framed Earring holder Empty
PostSubject: Framed Earring holder   Framed Earring holder EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:50 pm

So after making the jewelry board, I got to thinking that my dangly earrings needed a better home that sitting in a jewelry box. After seeing so many earring holders made out of old picture frames, I decided to try my hand in making one.

I went to Dollar General a while ago, and found a pretty good sized picture frame that had carved detail for $3. I took it to the basement and spray painted it black (don't worry, the area was well ventilated) after removing the glass. I then wanted the carved detail to pop. I decided on a bright green... but what should I discover? My green paint was missing! Oh noes! No worry, I had some green fabric paint that worked just fine, lol. After everything was dry I cut some window screening to size, stapled it to the back of the frame and end result = WIN! cheers

Framed Earring holder August12

Here is a close up of the detail:

Framed Earring holder August13

and this one, is no where near low enough for my toddler of destruction to get a hold of. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mercymile

Framed Earring holder
Page 1 of 1