CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Membre bowl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
miceybutt

PostSubject: Membre bowl   Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Not sure if that's how it's spelled, but this is a bowl I feel quite proud of making! I did this in ceramics class at my school and I think it's pretty cool. The black is under-glaze and then I put clear glaze over it to make it shiny.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZombieCupcake90

PostSubject: Re: Membre bowl   Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:43 am

wow! very pretty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/CatlynLawson
RockqueducT

PostSubject: Re: Membre bowl   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 pm

awesome!!! Are you able to eat off of it? I have some craft books that include dish design, etc...but they say not to eat off of them and use them for design. I'd love to know what products you used if you are able to use it for yummy meals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miceybutt

PostSubject: Re: Membre bowl   Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:43 am

Uhm, in ceramics class, my teacher said we shouldn't use it to eat out of since not only the glaze, but also the greenware is porous. Therefore, if you eat/drink out of them, stuff get stuck inside the pores and it gets all ew. I'm not too sure about specifics, but that's what my teacher told me.
It's currently on a coffee table next to the front door, so I can put my keys there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Earendil

PostSubject: Re: Membre bowl   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Quote :
Are you able to eat off of it? I have some craft books that include dish design, etc...but they say not to eat off of them and use them for design. I'd love to know what products you used if you are able to use it for yummy meals

It depends on the glaze you use. They make food safe glaze for things you want to use as food containers. I haven't priced it in a while but I remember it being more expensive than the normal glaze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Membre bowl   

Back to top Go down

Membre bowl
Page 1 of 1