CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's a UK invasion!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alexaberry

alexaberry

It's a UK invasion! Empty
PostSubject: It's a UK invasion!   It's a UK invasion! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 10:13 am

Hello! My name is Alexa and i'm from Birmingham, UK.

I'm 25 and I recently quit my call centre job to restart my photography career and I hope to craft on the side also. it's frightening as anything and I have zero cash right now but i'm proud I gave my soul destroying job the finger!

I started making things myself when I was in secondary school. I was so sick of having nothing nice to wear in my size (I was a bit chubby and this was over 10 years ago when plus size clothing was non existent!) so I decided to customise my existing clothes.

My style is punk and rockabilly mostly but i'm a tart and will try anything! Haha. I also love playing with old fashioned photography techniques and hopefully will have some cool stuff to show off soon!
Back to top Go down
gardenofyesterday

gardenofyesterday

PostSubject: Re: It's a UK invasion!   It's a UK invasion! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:23 pm

YES! Rockabilly! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://gardenofyesterday.tumblr.com/
Ajent

Ajent

PostSubject: Re: It's a UK invasion!   It's a UK invasion! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm

I was just in Birmingham last month for a show at the Academy! Woots! I find Birmingham an easy place to get lost in. So, kudos to you for actually living there! =)

gardenofyesterday wrote:
YES! Rockabilly! Razz

Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down
alexaberry

alexaberry

PostSubject: Re: It's a UK invasion!   It's a UK invasion! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 am

Where are you from Ajent? I don't think Birmingham's that hard to navigate, you should have been here 10 years ago when they start rebuilding everything! Getting from A to B changed like every week!!
Back to top Go down
Ajent

Ajent

PostSubject: Re: It's a UK invasion!   It's a UK invasion! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 am

alexaberry wrote:
Where are you from Ajent?

Born and bred in the good ol' US of A. =P (More specifically, Boston)

But, my husband is English. I've traveled to England often. Ever since I was a kid, thats where I wanted to live.

When I was last in Birmingham, true story, we had got off the train and headed for the center. After walking one road, we came to the huge fountain... know what I'm talking about? After that, we couldn't find that road again. Luckily, our travelodge was close. =P
Back to top Go down
kelkemerkel

kelkemerkel

PostSubject: Re: It's a UK invasion!   It's a UK invasion! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:36 am

Hello from the Netherlands! Nice to see Europe represented!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a UK invasion!   It's a UK invasion! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's a UK invasion!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CRAFTOVISION :: Hullo! :: Introductions. Say hey!-
Jump to: