CRAFTOVISION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CRAFTOVISION

A show dedicated to DIY culture featuring tutorials, cool places and cool people.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tanimytani

tanimytani

Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! Empty
PostSubject: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:19 pm

Greetings everyone! Like I'm sure a lot of you are... I came from Threadbanger but there I was just a lurker. However, I started making clothes for my prefecture's foreign/English magazine just this month by turning a beloved t-shirt into a new summer dress and so I hope to continue more projects in the future Smile I was approached to give some DIY advice because it's so difficult to get clothes here that fit the Western body XD
I am an English teacher in Nagano prefecture!
And I don't know what else to say >>; I'm usually extremely shy!
Back to top Go down
ZombieCupcake90

ZombieCupcake90

PostSubject: Re: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:49 pm

welcome! I too was a big lurker on Threadbanger but never joined or anything! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CatlynLawson
tanimytani

tanimytani

PostSubject: Re: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Cool! It'll be nice to be a part of a community ^_^
If you're into vegan things... have you ever seen the youtuber Tofuguru? She's my fav, so arty and delicious...
I'm not vegan myself but I can't have dairy and meat is expensive here anyway!
Back to top Go down
tamara

tamara

PostSubject: Re: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:26 am

don't be shy, lol.
Back to top Go down
alexaberry

alexaberry

PostSubject: Re: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:47 am

I was a TB lurker too! I only really downloaded the podcasts and i've fallen out of love with TB now. =( I've decided to make an effort and actually be part of a forum this time so I hope you do too!
Back to top Go down
kelkemerkel

kelkemerkel

PostSubject: Re: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:38 am

Hi. Hope you're doing allright over there?!
Back to top Go down
tanimytani

tanimytani

PostSubject: Re: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Yoyo Smile I'll try my best XD It's ironic because I like people!
I'm fine here--Nagano prefecture gets some aftershocks and we're technically in one of the "don't travel here unless necessary" prefectures as well but we're at least 150km away from the plant and radiation probably won't be a problem here. The only damage I've received from the earthquake and tsunami are a slight paranoia that I am always feeling earthquakes and I've put some weight on because I eat when I'm nervous :p Also tuna and yogurt are missing from my grocery stores so I am pining without my afternoon protein snacks.
The real suffering is in the prefectures north and east of me so please keep them in your thoughts and help out if you feel a calling to do so Smile

If you're interested in monitoring the situation you can look at the following websites:
Earthquake/Tsunami information: http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/
Radiation readings by prefecture: http://www.mext.go.jp/english/radioactivity_level/detail/1303986.htm
A visual and list of the quakes showing the areas they affected: http://www.japanquakemap.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!   Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lurker from Threadbanger :) Hello from Japan!
Page 1 of 1